1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information SHIFT may collect and how we may use it.
2. What personal information we collect
▪ When you create an SHIFT ID, register your products, purchase a product, download a software update, or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, insurance license, agency, agent and credit card information.
3. How we use your personal information
▪ The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on SHIFT's latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. It also helps us to improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don't want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by requesting to be removed by sending us an email.
▪ We also use personal information to help us develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
▪ From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with SHIFT, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
▪ We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve SHIFT's products, services, and customer communications.
▪ If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
4. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
▪ We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where our product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
5. Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies and you're using a web browser, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the SHIFT'S website may not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. SHIFT may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a "click-through URL" linked to content on the SHIFT website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
6. Disclosure to Third Parties
At times SHIFT may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with SHIFT to provide products and services, or that help SHIFT market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your Modgic application, you authorize SHIFT and its partners to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. Personal information will only be shared by SHIFT to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
7. Service Providers
SHIFT shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever SHIFT operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for SHIFT to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
9. How we protect information
Security We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. In addition, while we take reasonable measure to ensure that other entities who provide us with payment processing services keep your information confidential and secure, such entities’ practices are ultimately beyond our control. By using our Website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Data Integrity Shift will use personal information and User Content only for purpose of delivering the services made available in the Website, which is in the confines of document generation and electronic execution, and to facilitate the services you request related thereto.
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at https://app.modgic.com/login.php. For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if SHIFT is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made by Privacy Contact.
Enforcement Shift commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
10. Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
12. Third-Party Sites and Services
SHIFT websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a third-party Insurance application. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
13. Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to SHIFT employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Privacy Questions & Contact Information
SHIFT Insurance Applications, llc BOX 233, Solana Beach, California, USA, 92075
Last updated: August 21st, 2018